Hi DCB sweehearts, due to popular demand we’ll be featuring new and unconventional dishes henceforth. First on Tasty munchies is rice pepper soup. What’s that? I can imagine you asking as I’m sure we’re all used to the conventional pepper soup.
Well, this is a step higher than our traditional pepper soup as the ingredients are different and its quite stuffed with vegetables and rice. I love this dish because it serves two purposes. Its the perfect meal for the cold weather and its quite nutritious and filling too.
2cups of cooked rice
4 bell peppers (chopped, 2red and 2 green)
1 tin of tomato paste
2 cups tomato sauce
Minced or ground meat(chicken or beef)
2medium sized onions (diced)
2 garlic cloves(chopped)
Shredded pumpkin leaves
salt/pepper to taste
- Pour 2 tsp of groundnut oil into a large pot.
- sauté the diced onions, garlic and minced meat in the pot over low heat and leave for about 5 minutes.
- pour in the meat broth, tomato paste & tomato sauce.
- Add salt, pepper and seasonimg to taste and cook for about 30 minutes
- Pour in the partly cooked rice, simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Nice right, if you’ve got a better recipe share with us and you stand a chance to win fabulous prizes because its DÇB giveaway fiesta 🎊